Eat plenty of carbohydrates, berries and other sugary fruits, because we want that fast-burning energy
A Power Bowl, mixture of :
- Muesli* or oatmeal.
- A handful of mixed nuts—almonds, walnuts, peanuts.
- Some sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
- Fruits like banana and all kinds of berries.
- A small scoop of coconut oil (for electrolytes and minerals)
- Rice milk, almond milk, or coconut water.
Wait about 20 minutes and then have Protein :
- A little toasted bread, tuna fish, and some avocado.
*Muesli was introduced around 1900 by the Swiss physician Maximilian Bircher-Benner for patients in his hospital, where a diet rich in fresh fruit and vegetables was an essential part of therapy. Muesli in its modern form became popular in Western countries starting in the 1960s as part of increased interest in health food and vegetarian diets. The original Bircher muesli was soaked overnight with water and lemon juice, and then eaten with yoghurt. See the recipe at http://mylittlegourmet.com/breakfast/bircher-muesli/